Location: Can be done onsite, or at Toby’s workshop space. Online & hybrid also possible.
Format: 2, 3 or 4 hour session, or a 3-6 module course
One sentence summary: This three hour workshop offers a practical introduction to meditation and mindfulness that aims to integrate the fundamentals of traditional meditation practice with contemporary insights from psychology and neuropsychology.
Meditation and mindfulness are simply put, ways of training our mind and attention to focus consciously and deliberately upon objects that give rise to inner wellbeing, harmony and happiness.
What you will learn – Methods practiced include ways to:
Simple meditation and mindfulness techniques which can be condensed into a ten minute daily practice that:
- Reduces and transforms anxiety and stress, releases unwanted tension from your body-mind.
- Helps you to build an intention toward yourself and others genuinely based around warmth, friendship and love
- Trains your mind to take in, focus upon and appreciate the positive in your life
- Develops your concentration skills (the ability to focus one-pointedly upon a single object/task), and in particular a special type of relaxed concentration, or lucid awareness
- Enables you to connect with and relax deeply into the natural inner space and silence of your mind
- An increased capacity to witness the contents of your consciousness as an observer, rather than being completely identified and wrapped up in it.
Again, all of these skills can be consolidated into a daily meditation practice that can be done in ten minutes.
Participants will also receive:
- Extensive workshop notes giving a detailed of the meditation practices that are taught.
- Meditation recordings from the session that you can take away and listen to as a support for your personal practice
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 65-96750279