Venue: ONE Heart, 37 Tembeling Road
Singapore 423580 (Click HERE for map)
In a sentence: Are you interested in learning a form of meditation that will:
- Help you to get in touch with a deeper level of psychological harmony and wellbeing within yourself?
- Access new levels of energy and confidence?
- Discover and heal hidden aspects of your psyche that are currently sabotaging your happiness in daily life and transforming them into something useful and powerful within you?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then read on!
What is the shadow?
The ‘shadow self’ is that part of our mind and self that we have rejected and pushed so deeply into our unconscious awareness such that often we are not even consciously aware that it exists. However, from its position within the unconscious mind our shadow self remains active, influencing our behavior and causing us to behave in ways which seem to be difficult for us to understand. The shadow has both a ‘dark’ side and a ‘bright’ or golden side;
- The dark side consists of unresolved negative emotions, behaviors and energies within us that we fear and have rejected
- The bright shadow consists of aspects of our highest potential, greatest ability and strength that we have also rejected and pushed away
Thus working with the shadow involves working with both positive and negative energies that we have rejected, and re-integrating them into our conscious mind.
The language of the shadow
We can divide our shadow not just into dark and bright aspects, but also into ‘characters’ or ‘archetypes’ that exist within our psyche. By working with these characters in shadow meditation we develop a ‘language of the shadow’ that enables us to see more completely what our shadow is and how it functions.
In this 3 hour workshop we will be working principally with three inner shadow characters; the child, the parent and the old or wise one.
By working with these shadow characters in meditation you will develop the capacity to:
- Heal past wounds from childhood, integrating the joyful and creative child into your present life.
- Developing a fuller and more intimate understanding of the language that your own shadow self uses to communicate with you
- Understand different aspects of your shadow self as it relates to different time periods in your life (childhood, puberty, early adulthood etc…)
- Finding and articulating your shadow as it relates to different areas of our life, for example your relationships, work life, spiritual life and so on.
- Understand how shadow work and development relates to other aspects of inner work such as your mediation practice in general, your psychological development and even your physical fitness
The overall effect of the workshop will be that you will develop an inner “shadow language” consisting of imaginary characters, images and feelings that relate to the different expressions of both your wounded/dark shadow and your bright or golden shadow.
Outline of the workshop structure:
Hour 1: Talk on the fundamentals of shadow practice, followed by meditation on connecting to your ‘bright shadow family’.
Hour 2: Meditations and exercises for connecting to and working with your shadow child and parent
Hour 3: Meditation and exercises to connect to your old and vulnerable self as well as your bright and wise old self. Finally, concluding talk and comments.
There will be appropriate breaks, for Q&A, discussion and drinks/tea during the three hours.
Cost of class will also include:
- A set of MP3 Meditations for your personal practice, as well as the MP3 recordings of the workshop itself
- A handbook detailing the practices done in the workshop as well as the
Please note: If you are not living in Singapore you can still participate in this course as a series of MP3 recordings that can be sent to you.
Cost of Workshop: Sing$180
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE DEVELOPING THE LANGUAGE OF YOUR SHADOW WORKSHOP BY CREDIT CARD
To register or for further enquiries: email firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS 96750279 during office hours
TESTIMONAL FROM PREVIOUS LANGUAGE OF SHADOW WORKSHOP PARTICIPANT:
“Hey Toby, I wanted to thank you for holding that seminar on Saturday. It was an amazing piece of work you did.
To be honest, I stumbled on it. I wasn’t looking for shadow work at all, just a meditation class that might teach me something I could do a little better. Instead, it’s rocked my world. Something in me said, go, and I thought, well, the worst is I’ll be out a couple of bucks. But what’s happened since then is that all my problems have just gone away. As if the only reason they were there at all was that I didn’t know this one thing.
Of course I still have challenges, as one does. But that’s just it – they’re challenges, not problems. An integrated person can approach challenges from a place of wellness, and embrace any result.
You mentioned that you’d gotten to a point with your meditation – which is far greater than I’ve ever been – and realised (and I’m sorry if I’m misquoting) that you couldn’t go further with certain aspects. I related thoroughly to that. Sitting for however long has seemed to have a very short subsequent impact in my life lately. I still would get the cortisol surge at work, still argue with my headstrong daughter, still exercise too hard, still fear the future. Now, I’m good. It’s chill.
I’ve been devouring all the information on it that I can find. One person said somewhere that it’s like finding your long-lost best friend and becoming perfectly telepathic with him/her.
Anyway, I’m sure you get reports like this all the time, but I did want you to know you made a dent in my universe. Thanks once more. Maybe our paths will cross again. Namaste.”