This is both a Live-in-person & Livestream course
Start date: The course starts on Tuesday/Wednesday evening September 26th/27th, 7.30-8.30pm Singapore time.
Location: There are two chances to engage in this course each week
Tuesdays at ONE Heart, 167, Geylang Road, S38924
Tuesday Online participation link: https://zoom.us/j/555319558
Wednesdays at Basic Essence, 501 Bukit Timah Road #04-04 Cluny Court Singapore 259760
Wednesday online participation link: https://zoom.us/j/609271461
In a sentence: Learn mindfulness techniques to heal your past trauma safely, organically & in a way that helps you to awaken in a new and vital way to your present life, & possibilities for your future..
Suitable for: Beginners and more advanced practitioners alike. May be of particular interest to therapists, coaches, & counsellors, or those particularly interested in meditation & mindfulness as a psychological/somatic healing method.
Overview: Meditation & mindfulness can, from one perspective be divided into three types:
- As a way of healing past inner wounds & traumas
- As a way of building inner strengths & capacities
- As a way of pursuing & realizing spiritual enlightenment
This is a course that focuses on building your competencies in the first domain; the healing of past unresolved traumas.
Do you have past unresolved traumas? Actually, all of us do in one form or another. Simply because we are unaware of it, have never seen a counsellor or had some kind of breakdown does not mean that we do not have any, it just means that it is not visible to us, and that it is not explicitly interfering with our functionality in day-to-day life.
The benefits of it are great, but therapeutic mindfulness may not be as appealing as other forms of meditation practice, because it means having the courage to work with our (perceived) weaknesses, pain, & confusion, which is not always pleasant.
Some of the gains/benefits of a strong in therapeutic mindfulness practice are:
- An often-dramatic reduction in our overall fear and anxiety
- The re-opening of energy/vitality in our body-mind that has been trapped and limited by trauma
- An overall sense of inner integration and wholeness
- Confidence in working with difficult and unpleasant emotions & experiences without having to resort to repression, escapism, projection & distraction
- Improved relationships (we tend to project our wound & traumas into our relationships)
- Increased authentic compassion & care for ourself and others
- A particular type of life-wisdom & capacity for presence
- An increased access to a range of positive emotions & qualities
- A stable, solid base for any strengths-based or spiritual mindfulness that you may engage in
Each session includes
- Establishing a grounded, balanced inner space within which you can practice therapeutic mindfulness
- Focusing upon a particular area or domain of your life around which you can identify and work to heal past traumas
- A section focused on inner strengths-building to enable the therapeutic work to take hold and be sustained over time
Watch Toby’s video introduction to Therapeutic mindfulness:
Class titles and dates:
September 26th – Class 1: Therapeutic presence: Establishing a secure, resilient context for therapeutic mindfulness practice, & in daily life
October 3rd – Class 2: Positive Acceptance vs resignation, repression vs suppression – Understanding the dynamic of good quality therapeutic mindfulness
Oct 10th – Class 3: Distinctions in & context around trauma – Individual trauma, family trauma, group trauma, & introducing your bright shadow
Oct 17th – Class 4: Healing our childhood trauma
Oct 24th – Class 5: Healing our teenage trauma
Oct 31st Nov 1st – Seasonal class: Samhain – Healing the wounds & receiving the gifts of our ancestors
Nov 7th/8th – Class 6: Healing our young-adult trauma
Nov 14th/15th – Seasonal class: Deepavali -connecting to your inner light
Nov 21st/22nd – Class 7: Healing parental trauma
Nov 28th/29th – Class 8: Healing relationship trauma
December 5th/6th – Class 9: Healing emotions 1: Healing anxiety, insecurity & fear
Dec 12th/13th – Class 10: Healing emotions 2: sadness, anger, guilt
In addition to the sessions themselves you will receive: The recordings of each session, as well as links to further articles & reading on each class-subject covered.
Cost: SGD$360 for the full series (10 classes plus 2 seasonal classes, Samhain & Deepavali) or $35 per individual class
You can pay via PayNow on +65 96750279 or click HERE to make payment via PayPal for the whole course.
To register or for further enquiries: Email email@example.com, or sms 65-96750279