Time & Date: Masterclass: Saturday 15th April 9am-12.30pm
This is both a Live & Livestream class, live location: ONE Heart, 167, Geylang Road, S38924
Livestream Zoom link to attend:
PLEASE NOTE: The Live attendance is for up to 8 persons only, so if you are interested please register sooner rather than later.
In a sentence: Are you interested in learning a form of meditation that will:
- Help you to get in touch with a deeper level of psychological harmony and wellbeing within yourself?
- Access new levels of energy and confidence?
- Discover and heal hidden aspects of your psyche that are currently sabotaging your happiness in daily life and transforming them into something useful and powerful within you?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then read on! The workshop will give an overview of shadow work, what it is and how to start practising. It will include practical exercises & meditation, not just theory.
What is the shadow?
The ‘shadow self’ is that part of our mind and self that we have rejected and pushed so deeply into our unconscious awareness such that often we are not even consciously aware that it exists. However, from its position within the unconscious mind our shadow self remains active, influencing our behavior and causing us to behave in ways which seem to be difficult for us to understand. The shadow has both a ‘dark’ side and a ‘bright’ or golden side;
- The dark side consists of unresolved negative emotions, behaviors and energies within us that we fear and have rejected
- The bright shadow consists of aspects of our highest potential, greatest ability and strength that we have also rejected and pushed away
Thus working with the shadow involves working with both positive and negative energies that we have rejected, and re-integrating them into our conscious mind.
The language of the shadow
We can divide our shadow not just into dark and bright aspects, but also into ‘characters’ or ‘archetypes’ that exist within our psyche. By working with these characters in shadow meditation we develop a ‘language of the shadow’ that enables us to see more completely what our shadow is and how it functions.
In this 3 hour workshop we will be working principally with three inner shadow characters; the child, the parent and the old or wise one.
By working with these shadow characters in meditation you will develop the capacity to:
- Heal past wounds from childhood, integrating the joyful and creative child into your present life.
- Developing a fuller and more intimate understanding of the language that your own shadow self uses to communicate with you
- Understand different aspects of your shadow self as it relates to different time periods in your life (childhood, puberty, early adulthood etc…)
- Finding and articulating your shadow as it relates to different areas of our life, for example your relationships, work life, spiritual life and so on.
- Understand how shadow work and development relates to other aspects of inner work such as your mediation practice in general, your psychological development and even your physical fitness
The overall effect of will be that you will develop an inner “shadow language” consisting of imaginary characters, images and feelings that relate to the different expressions of both your wounded/dark shadow and your bright or golden shadow.
Cost for the workshop $180 (Pay via PayNow on +65 96750279 or alternatively, you can use PayPal here)
For further enquiries or to book your place contact: Email email@example.com, or sms 65-96750279
About the Facilitator
Toby Ouvry has been a meditation and mindfulness practitioner and teacher for over 20 years. His experiential background in Shamanism lies primarily within the Celtic and Druidic traditions of his native country Britain. This workshop is designed for the participants to connect to Shamanism in a way that is congruent with their own land of origin and cultural background. You can find out more about Toby here.
TESTIMONAL FROM PREVIOUS LANGUAGE OF SHADOW WORKSHOP PARTICIPANT:
“Hey Toby, I wanted to thank you for holding that seminar on Saturday. It was an amazing piece of work you did.
To be honest, I stumbled on it. I wasn’t looking for shadow work at all, just a meditation class that might teach me something I could do a little better. Instead, it’s rocked my world. Something in me said, go, and I thought, well, the worst is I’ll be out a couple of bucks. But what’s happened since then is that all my problems have just gone away. As if the only reason they were there at all was that I didn’t know this one thing.
Of course I still have challenges, as one does. But that’s just it – they’re challenges, not problems. An integrated person can approach challenges from a place of wellness, and embrace any result.
You mentioned that you’d gotten to a point with your meditation – which is far greater than I’ve ever been – and realised (and I’m sorry if I’m misquoting) that you couldn’t go further with certain aspects. I related thoroughly to that. Sitting for however long has seemed to have a very short subsequent impact in my life lately. I still would get the cortisol surge at work, still argue with my headstrong daughter, still exercise too hard, still fear the future. Now, I’m good. It’s chill.
I’ve been devouring all the information on it that I can find. One person said somewhere that it’s like finding your long-lost best friend and becoming perfectly telepathic with him/her.
Anyway, I’m sure you get reports like this all the time, but I did want you to know you made a dent in my universe. Thanks once more. Maybe our paths will cross again. Namaste.”