In a sentence
This program aims to provide participants with a clear understanding and experience of functional meditation and mindfulness skills that will help them navigate the workplace and life more creatively, effectively and sustainably.
Integral Mindfulness Practice is a mindfulness and meditation methodology that has been developed by Toby over his thirty years of practice and teaching as a mindfulness trainer (with 5 years as a Buddhist Monk), and over his seven years of running the mindfulness program at INSEAD School of Business for the MBA’s, staff and faculty. It is a program devised to address the following questions:
- How can I thrive in high stress environments without burning out?
- How can I build my inner strengths in a way that leads to sustainable, creative high-performance? (By ‘creative’ high performance we mean going beyond but also including simple, linear productivity)
- How can I use mindfulness to improve my relationships with both colleagues and family?
- How can I use mindfulness & meditation to develop my self-leadership and capacity to lead others effectively & inspiringly?
- How can I manage my wellbeing in such a way that, as I get older, and my career progresses I still find myself enthusiastic and high energy and ready for the next challenge?
This program below is designed to give a practical introduction to the core skills mentioned above.
Ways in which the program can be delivered: The program can be presented as a 8-9 module program as described below. Alternatively, it can be done as a full day workshop or two-day weekend retreat, or as a half-day or keynote (45-90mins) session, with specific tailored content curated for your needs.
Once the program has been completed, further group coaching sessions are available to help participants deepen their experience.
Session 1 – Beginning the journey How to practice mindfulness 101
- What is mindfulness & meditation?
- Beginning your practice with mindful flow
- Where and how often should you practice?
Session 2 – Deeper into practical mindful attention:
- Optimizing your mindful attention using Single-pointedness and going with the flow
- Practising four mindful positions for wellbeing: Simple, aware, positive & creative
Session 3 – Dealing with distractions and mental busyness:
- Taking distractions as your object of focus
- Building stability through the senses
- Body-mountain, cloud-thought, sky-mind
Session 4 – Mindfulness & breathing
- Distinguishing functional breathing from dysfunctional breathing
- Basic deeper breathing skills
- Breathing for conscious energising & relaxing
Session 5 – Mindfulness for emotional release & regulation
- Mindfulness & emotional flow
- Accepting emotions
- Expanding your emotional range using mindfulness
Session 6 – Mindfulness in your relationships
- Relationship positivity – Your circle of trust & support
- Mindful listening to self & others
- 3 mindful perspectives in relationships
Session 7 – Mental positivity & wisdom using mindfulness
- Watching your mind
- Appreciation & gratitude
- Mental framing
Session 8 – Non-emergency, regeneration, silence
- Recognising non-emergency & safety
- Working with your brain and nervous system
- Watching the spaces between your thoughts
Session 9 – Consolidation session
The elements of each session
Each session includes:
- Introduction of key concepts
- Mindfulness practice exercises related to the key concepts
- Discussion and Q&A in terms of exercises and everyday informal application
After each session participants will be sent:
- A Slide/PDF summary of exercise covered
- Recordings of the mindfulness & meditation exercises covered for personal practice
- Articles for further reading
The sessions can be delivered live-in person, online or in hybrid format.
Contact: To discuss the further possibility of bringing mindful resilience to your organization you can contact Toby at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 65-96750279