Location: Basic Essence, 501 Bukit Timah Road #04-04 Cluny Court Singapore 259760 (Click HERE for map)
About the talk: Mindfulness is a way of using our mind and awareness to increase both our personal happiness and functional/professional effectiveness. In this talk Toby will be talking about:
- His own personal journey with mindfulness, and how it led to him writing the book ‘Engaged Mindfulness’
- What mindfulness actually is, and how it can be put into practical use
- How mindfulness can catalyse our mental and emotional wellbeing, and how by focusing on the development of our ‘mindful intelligence’ we can optimize our life learning and support our physical health
- How mindfulness can be of particular use to us in this modern and post-modern day and age with it’s incumbent stress and anxiety
- How you can make your own life more mindful in creative ways
As well as the talk, actual mindfulness exercises will be included within the hour, and copies of Toby’s book ‘Engaged Mindfulness’ will be available for purchase.
To register or for further enquiries: Email email@example.com, or SMS 96750279
Toby is a mindfulness expert and the author of the book ‘Engaged Mindfulness – What mindfulness is and how to apply it to our daily lives’.
After originally training as an artist, subsequent to his degree, Toby spent ten years doing his foundational training in meditation & mindfulness, specializing in the Tibetan Tradition which included five years as an ordained Buddhist monk.
He has been practicing and teaching mindfulness & meditation for over twenty years. As the founder & principle facilitator at Integral Meditation Asia he delivers mindfulness programs to both the public & corporate sectors. He is a meditation & mindfulness blogger, and the author & creator of over fifteen practical workshops & courses on the subject.