Location: Singapore Botanic Gardens, meet by the steps at the Exit of the Botanic Gardens MRT next to the Nursery Gate of the Botanic Gardens (click on link above for map!)
One line summary: Learn how to practice meditation and mindfulness as a walking practice.
Increasingly many people are becoming aware of a need to find a sense of inner calm, peace and centeredness in order to cope effectively with the stresses and strains of modern life. However, it seems equally difficult to find the quality time for a practice such as meditation or mindfulness that can actually help us to accomplish this.
A solution to this can be found in walking meditation. All of us do a certain amount of walking in our life. By learning mindful walking we can combine the time that we spend walking with time spent cultivating our inner peace, stability and happiness. It is a win-win situation!
This 2.5 hour workshop will be located in the peaceful surroundings of the Botanic Gardens,
The RESULTS that you can expect to gain from engaging in this workshop are:
- Confidence in practising the basic fundamentals of walking meditation and how to integrate it into your daily routine
- Knowledge of the technical theory behind walking meditation practice
- The ability to connect to positive mind-states as well as greater levels of physical energy whilst walking
The level of this workshop:
- Suitable for beginners, or more experienced meditators looking to integrate mindful walking into their repertoire.
Basic Workshop Structure:
First hour: Warm up, Introduction to basic walking meditation techniques for awareness of good posture, developing relaxed concentration and inner silence/spaciousness. Time for Q&A.
Second hour: Integrating elements of thinking, feeling and imagination into walking meditation in order to generate and enhance both our physical energy as well as positive mind states. Time for Q&A
Final half-hour: Integrating awareness of nature and the natural landscape into our walking meditation in order to enhance positive energy exchange between ourself and our environment, and receive healing and balancing energy from natural elements of the landscape such as trees and water, sun and sky.
In addition the class itself you will also receive:
- Backup notes covering the basic meditation techniques covered in the class
Feedback from past walking meditation workshops:
1: ”The outdoor walking helped me easily connect to nature on a holistic scale and feel energized nurtured and a strong sense of belonging (perfect timing) it put things into perspective. I felt incredibly at ease and peace.”
2. ”I was amazed at how simple Toby’s steps are, and how ‘portable’ walking meditation can be as a practical, everyday energy balancer or enhancer. You can literally take it wherever you go, wherever you are …in the park, on the beach, in a busy airport, and even in the confines of your own home. An instant, private oasis of tranquillity at your feet!”
Cost of Workshop: $65 per person
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE WALKING MEDITATION CLASS BY CREDIT CARD
To register or for further enquiries: Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 65-96750279